Saturday, January 29, 2011

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto - Review

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Release Date: August 31, 2010


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


“A man in love can do extraordinary things, I don’t care if you’re an angel, you’re my angel, and I won’t let you go.”



I finished Halo by Alexandra Adornetto! I must say, the general idea is really interesting, but it is very obvious that the majority of her ideas came from Twilight. A few examples are people's eyes turning from vivid colors to coal black, going to a nearby city to buy prom dresses with her 2 friends, "There are 2/3 things that I am absolutely certain", etc. It is pretty annoying as you progress into the book, because I felt I was reading Twilight over again, but with even more helpless, selfish characters.





3 angels are sent to Earth on a mission to fight dark forces in Venus Cove, a small beach town in Australia. Beth, the youngest and most naive angel, is sidetracked from her mission and falls in love with a teenage boy named Xavier. Beth and Xavier form a very close relationship, which is against the laws according to Heaven. The majority of the book is lacking in plot or conflict, and is usually Beth going around with Xavier and her friends at school or at restaurants and stores.




Xavier's and Beth's love for each other is pretty sickening. They are apart for an hour and Beth feels like she could die. About 150 pages of the book repeats over and over their "undying love" for each other and that Xavier is all Beth thinks about when they are apart.




My favorite character in this book is Gabriel. He is reserved and wise in his choice-making. I believe Ivy was made too happy, joyful, etc. Gabriel has a cautious personality, and is always looking out for his siblings.




Even with all these major errors in the book, I still find Halo a somewhat enjoyable read, but I know it failed to satisfy most of the people on here who reviewed it. I guess I'm just into this kind of (empty) story.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena