Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features the top ten books that comes to your mind under a certain category announced each week. This week's category is:
Top Ten Books You'd Like to See Made Into a Movie
Can I say that this is possibly the best TTT yet?! Let's get started!
1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - Yes, yes, YES!!! This is self-explanatory! Some people dislike this book series, but you can't argue that it'd be amazing to see Tally's world come to life on the big screen! Skintennas, floating swimming pools, HOVERBOARDS?! And the good thing is, they are making it into a movie in the near future! Squeeee. Can't wait! Hopefully they don't screw up the cast!
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - This one is also self-explanatory, and is of course already set to be produced later this year!!! I can't wait until November 2013! :DD I really want to see how they portray Joanna without it being rated R, lol.
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - They are also in the process of beginning to produce this! I CANNOT wait!! At first, I had thought to myself "They better not make this into a movie... it would ruin my portrayal of the one of my most favoritest books ever!!", but now I'm super stoked to see how it all plays out, especially for a certain Mr. Van Houten...!!
4. The Giver by Lois Lowry - I'm not sure if this is already a movie... but oh well! Although I'm not the biggest fan of this book, I still really want to see it on the big screen! :)
5. Choker by Elizabeth Woods - This book is intense and very very creepy. With all the hallucinations and the grotesque happenings in this book, I would really like to see how it turns out in a movie!
6. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This book's film adaptation is actually in the makes right now (With Selena Gomez rumored to play Hannah!). This book is heart-rendering and I would probably have to bring a box of tissues with me to the theaters!
7. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - I just finished this book, and it was very horrifying and like, creeptastic. I would really really really love to see Anna in movie form!! That would be amazing. And I really want to see Carmel as well. :)
8. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch - I loved the world building in this book, with all of its I-Am-Legend-y glory. I would really love to see Stephen and Jen's chemistry on-screen. Would be very excited if I heard this was becoming a movie! :)
9. Lark by Tracey Porter - This book/novella is very ... cold. Not scary, but very ... bitter. Bittersweet, and serene in a way. It wouldn't be the most action-packed movie, but I would still really love to see it in movie form.
10. Now and Zen by Linda Gerber - I kind of ran out of books to mention at this point, but I still somewhat want to see this on-screen. I want to see how they portray the MC Nori, in Japan. I would really like to see the Japanese culture in the movie!
Please comment below and share what you thought about this post! I also would love to see your picks!!
Don't forget to join my Children's Book Giveaway!: