Monday, April 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4)



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features the top ten books that comes to your mind under a certain category announced each week. This week's category is:


Top Ten Books You'd Like to See Made Into a Movie


Can I say that this is possibly the best TTT yet?! Let's get started!



1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - Yes, yes, YES!!! This is self-explanatory! Some people dislike this book series, but you can't argue that it'd be amazing to see Tally's world come to life on the big screen! Skintennas, floating swimming pools, HOVERBOARDS?! And the good thing is, they are making it into a movie in the near future! Squeeee. Can't wait! Hopefully they don't screw up the cast!

2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - This one is also self-explanatory, and is of course already set to be produced later this year!!! I can't wait until November 2013! :DD I really want to see how they portray Joanna without it being rated R, lol.

3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - They are also in the process of beginning to produce this! I CANNOT wait!! At first, I had thought to myself "They better not make this into a movie... it would ruin my portrayal of the one of my most favoritest books ever!!", but now I'm super stoked to see how it all plays out, especially for a certain Mr. Van Houten...!!

4. The Giver by Lois Lowry - I'm not sure if this is already a movie... but oh well! Although I'm not the biggest fan of this book, I still really want to see it on the big screen! :)

5. Choker by Elizabeth Woods - This book is intense and very very creepy. With all the hallucinations and the grotesque happenings in this book, I would really like to see how it turns out in a movie!

6. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This book's film adaptation is actually in the makes right now (With Selena Gomez rumored to play Hannah!). This book is heart-rendering and I would probably have to bring a box of tissues with me to the theaters!

7. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - I just finished this book, and it was very horrifying and like, creeptastic. I would really really really love to see Anna in movie form!! That would be amazing. And I really want to see Carmel as well. :)


8. The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch - I loved the world building in this book, with all of its I-Am-Legend-y glory. I would really love to see Stephen and Jen's chemistry on-screen. Would be very excited if I heard this was becoming a movie! :)


9. Lark by Tracey Porter - This book/novella is very ... cold. Not scary, but very ... bitter. Bittersweet, and serene in a way. It wouldn't be the most action-packed movie, but I would still really love to see it in movie form.

10. Now and Zen by Linda Gerber - I kind of ran out of books to mention at this point, but I still somewhat want to see this on-screen. I want to see how they portray the MC Nori, in Japan. I would really like to see the Japanese culture in the movie!


Please comment below and share what you thought about this post! I also would love to see your picks!!

Don't forget to join my Children's Book Giveaway!:





29 comments:

  1. I totally agree with num. 2, 3 & 6. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I haven't read any of these books yet. I really want to read 'Anna Dressed in Blood'. I just have to get my greedy hands on a copy of it. =D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Returning some of the love.

    P.S. LOL, just remembered you have 'Catching Fire' on your list. Ive read that one. Duh on my part. I just didn't put it up because it is already definitely going to be a movie and there were so many books I wanted to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Choice's Anna Dressed in Blood sounds sooooo good! and as movie even better can't wait to dive into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Anna Dressed in Blood- love the title and premise! Catching Fire will be a great film...hopefully!

    My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-like-to-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only book I've read is Catching Fire, and I haven't seen Hunger Games yet to know if I want a sequel made ;)

    I've heard a lot about the Uglies books, though, so I think that series would be great if adapted to the screen. Maybe a TV series might serve it better justice? I don't know - depends on the pacing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished The Fault in Our Stars this past week and omg yes! I can't wait for the movie. Also, Thirteen Reasons Why would be awesome as a movie.
    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read Catching Fire & Anna from this list - and 100% agree, I think they would make excellent movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Uglies on lots of lists. Are you watching, Hollywood?

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made into Movies.
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Giver would be such a great movie! Why didn't I think of that? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read The Giver and Catching Fire from your list... but some of the others sound interesting.

    I have Anna Dressed In Blood, and I can't wait to read it. Looking forward to The Fault in Our Stars too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Followed back! You've got some great choices on here! And some ones that are waiting around on my to be read pile (like ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD, which I totally agree with you on even though I haven't read it), I'll have to read them so I can fully appreciate your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your list!! Especially the Catching Fire part ^^

    New follower :)

    Ella
    My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard a lot of people would love to see Anna Dressed in Blood as a movie. While it gives me the shivers just thinking about it, somehow I believe it would work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Selena Gomez as Hannah in Thirteen Reasons Why? NO!!!! That would ruin everything. I hope that rumour isn't true.
    Anna Dressed in Blood sounds interesting as a movie, too! Haven't read it yet though.

    Would you mind checking out my Top Ten Tuesday? :) http://laurenreadsya.tumblr.com/post/22135362115/review-the-summer-my-life-began-by-shannon-greenland

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome picks on your list! I agree about The Fault in Our Stars; and I had no idea the film version is in the works! The casting had better be spot on for Augustus and Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catching Fire is a must! I haven't read the Uglies but I keep hearing about how good it is-- I bet it would make an interesting movie.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read Uglies, but I have heard so many great things about that series. Catching Fire is my favorite book in THG series. I'm very curious to see who they are going to pick to play Finnick. Thanks for the follow! I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're totally in agreement about Uglies! I loved that series and it would be so awesome to see all that in movie form!

    And you're right about Joanna - I guess she'll be standing behind something that covers her nakedness or they'll just have her scantily clad... But I'm so ready to see that movie!

    And I really want to read Anna Dressed in Blood - I've heard it so good!

    Great list! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for following! I'm following you now, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Choker!! Can't believe I didn't think of that. I freaking loved that book, and Zoe would be sooo scary on-screen. *Crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by - following ya back! Love your picks as well! I think the Giver is slated to be a movie, but now I can't recall where I heard that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've only read like 3 of these books but the rest are on my TBR list. Great list! I totally agree w/ the fault in our stars! I didn't know they were making it into a movie though, mmh. Let's just hope it's not ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read many of these, but I love the idea of Uglies being made into a movie. That world is seriously creepy and fantastic.

    Oh and I bet John Green's book would make an amazing movie.

    While I haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood, yet, your description makes me want to read it ASAP.

    Thanks for stopping by. Love your picks! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to read Uglies and Anna Dressed In Blood. The Fault In Our Stars would make a super tear-jerker!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT list!! I thought about including TFiOS and Thirteen Reasons Why, but figured they were already coming out as movies... can't wait for either of 'em tho!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh the Giver...Good Choice!

    Thanks for stoppin by my TTT and following my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower of yours as well!

    I've seen TFiOS on a number of TTT posts this week and I thought "YES!" It's been a while since I've seen a Notebook-worthy sobfest of a movie, and this one definitely wouldn't disappoint. I'm excited to see it transformed into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Uglies sounds like a great book; I have heard rave reviews and I certainly can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAY for Catching Fire!

    And, like you, I'd be interested in seeing a movie version of The Giver. That would be a really interesting movie!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice list. I have Anna Dressed in Blood hopefully coming to me soon from the library. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena