Friday, April 27, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday {1}







Shelf Candy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Steph from Five Alarm Book Reviews, where you feature a book cover that has recently caught your eye.

My pick this week is Haven by Kristi Cook.
This is not a new release; it was released February of last year.


"Violet McKenna thought she was just crazy when she had a vivid vision of her dad's murder. Her life started falling apart when her premonition came true. She's had flashes of other events too. The problem was nobody believed her until she found a new school: Winterhaven."



My Thoughts

I love this cover because of its simplicity. The yellow book with the purple butterfly is so simple but it's so, like, enchanting. I have never read this book before, but I'm pretty sure that the cover has a meaning and significance to it. I also lurv the font for "Haven"! I have a thing with curly and fancy fonts :).


What's your shelf candy this week? Comment below! Also, I have reached 50 followers! Thank you everyone for all of your support!! There will be a small giveaway as a token of my thanks this week. :) :) :)



5 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said! Despite the fact that the cover is so simple (or maybe because it is!) it really does grab your intention. The colors are amazing, I adore them! Not colors I would immediately think of pairing but they work very well with each other! I also really like how the authors name is prominent but slightly faded, I think that is a great touch!

    Beautiful blog, I am a new follower and congrats on 50 followers!

    Jamie @ A book club of one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the font! It adds a nice piece of fancy to a great simple design. And the colors are lovely as well. Great choice! Beautiful blog design, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice. The majority of the covers that I choose are on the simpler side. I just love them. Thank you for participating in Shelf Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you chose this! I bought this when it first came out because of the cover. I love the font too. It's gorgeous. And along with the butterfly, it does seem very magical! Great choice! I haven't seen this on any shelf candy before.

    My shelf candy is here:
    http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/04/shelf-candy-saturday-26.html

    Thank for sharing and Happy Shelf Candy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for cute fonts too haha. You're right it is really simple, but I think that's better sometimes. Depends what the book is about I guess. My Shelf Candy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena