Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Mondays (1)




Musing Mondays is hosted by Should Be Reading. Every week there is a new book related question, and you answer with a post on your blog with your thoughts on the topic/question.

Question: Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?

Answer: I am actually a student, so I don't really have a job, but school definitely interferes with my reading time. I have to attend it 8 hours a day, then work on homework 2 hours a day. That takes a lot of time away for me! Although this is a major interruption, I also have many more.

I am the kind of person who doesn't like specializing in one thing -- I like to try my hand at everything I think looks interesting. This means that aside from school, books aren't the only thing that is on my mind in my leisure time.

One of the other major things that occupies my time is running an Etsy shop. I make handmade bracelets and sell them on Etsy here. One bracelet takes up to 3 hours to make. Some people order multiple bracelets (one person even wanted 60 of them for her son's birthday party!), so this definitely takes away a lot of my time. I usually watch TV (I recently came up with an idea - I should listen to audio books while I make them!) because just sitting down doing the same knots over and over again gets really, REALLY boring.

Another thing that takes up a lot of my time is guitar. I started learning how to play the guitar in January 2011, and I take a private lesson once a week. I have taken a break from it in the past because of the start of school, and I am also on a break from it right now, due to, again, school and stress. I'm getting back to it in May so I really will have to juggle my time and make a good plan on how to divide my time.

These 3 things really take up a lot of my time, so I barely have time to read! That's why I only read 1-2 books a week, and also why I always have such a small IMM each week.

Post yours below so I can take a look at it!



14 comments:

  1. Wow--you're super busy! I'm going to check out your Esty link now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's neat that you're learning to play the guitar!! I've always want to learn how to play the drums.

    My daughter makes homemade jewelry too, and it is quite time consuming. She also is going to college, is married and has 2 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your answer! Playing the guitar sounds like a blast, I seriously need to learn one of these days – thank you for sharing! New follower! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays-to-z-challenge-t.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some nice things that take your attention. Here is my post:

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! For me, it's usually the Internet or TV that keep me from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allrighty I am following you! How could that you make bracelets, I am sure that takes up a LOT of time. eheeheh. Also when I was in school I too did not have time to read :( but then there is summer coming up :D YAY! EHEHEHEH :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of your comments guys!

    @sary
    You are totally right! I can't wait until summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sary
    Hey, sorry if this sounds odd, but how did you receive my reply? Did you get an email or were you just checking this page again? I'm not sure if the people I reply to get my reply! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When school starts I wouldn't be able to read as much anymore. :(

    Also, I am like you! I love exploring different things and pick up new hobbies along the way haha!

    You should put up a video of you playing the guitar! :P

    I am following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for following! New follower too. You're such a creative person, your bracelets look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you both for following. I might put up a video but I'm not very advanced haha, and thanks Vanessa, I'm glad you like my bracelets!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, and I thought I had a lot on my plate.. I like doing different things also.. so I draw and paint and I'm working on a book.. although, I don't really see that as taking away from reading but as adding balance to my life.. :)

    *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Checked out your etsy - very cute. I can only imagine how time consuming that is. I miss school lol. Sort of. Minus the homework. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena