Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - Review

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Publisher: Razorbill

Release Date: October 18th, 2007

Source: Bailey, my friend

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”



This book was so mysterious, suspenseful, and ... a little creepy. I don't have much to say except, "wow." I think for Asher's first book, he did a fantastic job at playing with your emotions. The only thing I didn't like was that Hannah didn't reach out enough to people. She just expected them to know about her problems and what was going on in her life. Then she makes a bunch of tapes blaming everyone. Half of the people on the tapes probably didn't even know they were hurting her, but they had to go through that heart stopping, mind boggling (for lack of better words) experience. I felt bad for Clay, even though he sort of betrayed her as well.


This book will definitely make you think. I give it 4 stars.

I loved the creative story format, with both of their PoV's switching back and forth, although I did get some parts confused, forcing me to go back and read it again.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena