Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder - Mini-Review


I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Release Date: January 8, 2008

Source: Borrowed from friend

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ava meets Jackson at a school event. They instantly fall in love and do everything together. But one day, something tragic happens, and Ava loses Jackson. She has a rough time going on without him, but one night she hears his voice and feels him in the room with her. She knows it sounds crazy, but she thinks that Jackson has come back to haunt her! As the days pass, Ava realizes that she can't go on loving a ghost and decides to change things.

One thing I need to say: classic and [hate to say it, but dull] Lisa Schroeder. Come on, all of her books are the same. I shouldn't say all, since I've only read 2 of her other books, but mostly all of them are. Another negative aspect of this book was the repetitiveness. I just felt that the majority of the book was like a broken record. Ava can't bear to be without Jackson. She misses him. It's all her fault. Repeat.

I think Lyric is the most likable character in this story. He provides assistance to Ava when she needs it and he listens and understands her. He is by far my favorite character in the book. This was a cute, short read. Since it is written in verse, it goes by very quickly, but it also gives you a good message: don't take things for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena