Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features the top ten books that comes to your mind under a certain category announced each week. This week's category is:
Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books
Scratch out what I said last week about the movie TTT being the best one yet... this one tops my charts. I LOVE quotes. I even made a page on here dedicated with quotes (which I really need to update by the way). Even though silly/funny quotes are super cool, I have to say the super deep meaning/analogy ones tug my heart the most. You can use quotes as a guide to do what you want in life, and to motivate you to do things you might not normally do. Whatever a good quote does for you, we can all agree that they are amazing, right?! Onto the TTT!
1. "Freedom has a way of destroying things."
-Tally Youngblood, Specials by Scott Westerfeld
This quote is short and simple, but it packs a powerful punch. If we didn't have regulations, everything and everyone would do as they please. The world would be chaos.
2. "It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
This one is pretty self-explanatory. In the end it won't matter who can do what or who knows what, but the choices that they make will ultimately show what kind of person they are.
3. "The marks humans leave are too often scars."
-Hazel (I think?), The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Another insightful quote. TFiOS is one of my favorite books, and it's filled with a ton of other wonderful quotes, so I suggest checking it out :)
4. "It feels so separate, like I've touched something that's taken the color out of me. Or maybe I'm in color now and they're in black and white."
-Carmel Jones, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
5. "We don't see things as they are, we seem them as we are."
Not sure if this one counts or not, because I don't believe it's from a book. I admire this quote because of its overpowering truth. People will look at things differently depending on who they are.
6. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
Again, not sure if this one counts but who cares?! Robert Frost is my absolute favorite poet. His words are filled with wisdom and understanding. They can be depressing at times, but uplifting at other times.
7. "Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal."
-Mia, If I Stay by Gayle Forman
8. "Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile."
-Steve, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
9. "A cut. That's what I felt. Words can cut, slice, like a razor."
-Delaney Maxwell, Fracture by Megan Miranda
10. "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."
-Katniss Everdeen, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Let me know what you think and share me your TTT! I love reading quotes, so post on!
Don't forget to join my various giveaways!!