Monday, April 16, 2012

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann - Review

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: February 8, 2011
Source: Grocery Store
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"We moan, scream, Our face cracking with gunfire... like a whip. Thirty-five, one hundred. One hundred! ONE HUNDRED!
The fire consumes Our wooden host. It burns, breaks, explodes. Releases Our remaining souls to travel to Our final resting places.
Or.
To find new places to hide.
And wait.
Touch me."

"Eerie, gripping, totally addictive. . . . Left me haunted for days". Alyson Noel's description of Cryer's Cross is so accurate that I felt compelled to put it on here. When I was reading it in geometry, my teacher saw and told me "What's it about? I've seen that book a lot today". I then proceeded to tell her that Cryer's Cross was about a small town in Montana where teenagers start to go missing, without a trace. She tells me that she could never read something so scary.

As I was reading the first 3/4 of the book, I didn't think it was scary at all. It was mostly just Kendall, the main character, trying to struggle with her OCD and to grasp her missing best friend, Nico, in any way. It was pretty entertaining actually, watching Kendall and Jacian forming an awkward relationship with each other as Kendall tried to cope with her loss. But then, as I neared the end of the book, it started getting super creepy. I couldn't stop flipping the pages. The suspense kept building and building and I actually feared for Kendall. And my heart was beating all fast. But it was a nice moment. I actually finished the book before the sun went down.

I recommend this book. 5 stars. VERY creepy. It's a mix between romance and suspense. It keeps you longing to know what happens. I loved it. And not to mention that Cryer's Cross is an excellent name for a creepy town.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments! Thanks for taking your time to stop by!

Powered by Blogger.

© The Bookish Poodle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena